NASIG FIRST-TIMER AWARD
Purpose of the Award
To provide an information resources management professional or paraprofessional who has not yet attended a NASIG Annual Conference with the opportunity to attend and accelerate their knowledge and understanding of the management of information resources by networking and interacting with a wide range of dedicated professionals working in all segments of the information supply chain.
What is Received
- NASIG will directly pay for conference registration and three nights lodging in addition to providing funds for travel expenses and meals not covered by conference registration
- One year's free membership in NASIG
- This award is open to qualified applicants in any NASIG member country (defined for this purpose as the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Greenland).
- Applicants must currently be in a position with primary responsibilities for some aspect of information resource management (e.g., serials and/or e-resources acquisitions, resource metadata and discovery, scholarly communications, collections management, digital publishing, e-resource or serials sales, scholarly publishing, or knowledgebase management), vendor, agent, or scholarly publisher.
- In addition, applicants must not have attended any previous NASIG conferences, but may have participated in a NASIG conference as a local volunteer.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose career goals include growth and development in information resources management, such as serials and e-resources acquisitions, resource metadata and discovery, scholarly communications, or collections management.
What is Needed to Apply?
- Resume or CV
- Essay (500 words) describing a challenge currently facing the information resources management profession, and how the applicant’s career growth and development could meet this challenge (Award winners' essays are retained in the NASIG archives.)
Applications will only be accepted in electronic form
Completed application materials (see list above) should be emailed to:
Chair, NASIG Awards & Recognition Committee
University of Northern Colorado
February 13, 2019
March 13, 2019
Established in 1985, NASIG is an independent organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models.