Awards > Schwartz
FRITZ SCHWARTZ SERIALS EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
NASIG invites applicants for the Fritz Schwartz Serials Education Scholarship. Established in 1985,NASIG is an independent organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models.
speaker at NASIG annual conferences, his last NASIG appearance was to conduct a highly rated workshop at the 10th Conference at Duke University. He actively participated in the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) and the International Committee on EDI for Serials (ICEDIS). At the time of his death, Fritz was Manager of Electronic Services and Standards at the Faxon Company. NASIG is pleased to offer this scholarship in memory of Fritz's many contributions to the library profession and to honor his energy, warmth, humor, and passion for standards.
In addition to the scholarship, the recipient will receive a NASIG Conference Student Grant Award to attend the NASIG conference for the year in which the scholarship is given. Winners will be offered the opportunity to share a 10-15 minute presentation during the conference at the Student Spotlight Session. NASIG will directly pay for conference registration and three nights lodging in addition to providing funds for travel expenses and meals not covered by conference registration. The recipient will also receive a one-year free NASIG membership.
The following materials are required to be submitted electronically either in Microsoft Word or plain text (.txt) format:
- A completed application form;
- Reference questionnaire from two information professionals;
- A current resume or curriculum vita;
- A statement describing how the applicant's qualifications satisfy the eligibility requirements and the purpose of the award (not to exceed 250 words)
- A copy of the applicant's current Library/Information Science Graduate transcript or proof of admission if enrollment begins in Fall 2018. This item may be sent in paper form if necessary. (Note: A sealed, official transcript will be required from the winner before the awarding of the scholarship funds can occur. If the winner has yet to complete any Library/Information Science Graduate coursework at the time that scholarship funds are awarded, a sealed, official transcript may be requested after the first semester of coursework has been completed.)
Application forms and reference questionnaires will be available after November 1st, through the NASIG Awards web page, and from the current Awards & Recognition Committee chair. Applications will only be accepted in electronic form (except for the transcript/proof of admission, if necessary). Completed applications and all related materials should be emailed to:
Chair, NASIG Awards & Recognition Committee
California State University - Northridge
ONLY the applicant's current Library Science Graduate transcript or proof of admission to an ALA-accredited program may be faxed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications and related materials must be emailed by February 9, 2018. Applications emailed after this date will not be considered.
AWARD NOTIFICATION: The award recipient will be notified by March 14, 2018.